JOB POSTING – CASEWORKER
Come join our team of caring professionals as we work to “enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people”.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of (in alignment with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada National Standards) a virtually-based, group-format volunteer information session/orientation.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of (in alignment with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada National Standards) a virtually-based, group-format pre-match training program for both volunteers and the families we serve.
- Perform regular casework duties including effective recruitment, selection, training, matching, monitoring and evaluation of matches between identified “Littles” and adult volunteer “Bigs” to ensure positive youth development based on National BBBS Canada Standards and local agency policies. Perform child-centered initiatives, including community referrals and outreach.
- Provide digital support through the creation of and/or formatting of our agency publications, such as newsletters, reports, and marketing materials. Provide general office support such as, but not limited to, answering/making phone calls, data entry, etc.
- Submit statistics and program outcomes to Team Lead/Supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Successful candidate will have at minimum a diploma or degree in Social Service Work, Child and Youth Studies, Child and Youth Care, Psychology, or related program.
- Previous volunteer or employment experience with children and/or youth. Experience within a social service/non-profit setting an asset.
- Effective communication skills
- Belief in and commitment to vision and mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Strong computer skills, with ability to utilize Microsoft CRM Dynamics, Office, EXCEL, and Publisher
- Recent Vulnerable Sector Police Check and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
Estimated Start Date: August 13th, 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Working Hours: Approximately 33-36 hours per week, with some evenings and weekends required.
Employment will end no later than March 31, 2021, as this a contract position funded through the COVID-19 Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF).
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Niagara Falls/South Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We appreciate all the applications we receive, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please send both resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Sarah Ludberg at email@example.com no later than 4:30pm on Wednesday, August 5th, 2020.